Activating API/Web Services
Web Services give you the ability to integrate with third-party applications by granting them permission to access specific store resources and data
Step 1: Create a Web Service Role
From the Admin menu, select System > Web Services > Roles.
Click the Add New Role button.
In the Role Information section, enter a Role Name such as “API.”
- In the panel on the left, select Role Resources. Then do one of the following:
- To enable full access to customer, catalog, and sales information, set Resource Access to “All.” Or “Custom”
- To provide limited access to data, set Resource Access to “Custom.” Then, select the checkbox of each resource that is available to this role.
- By default, when a area is selected, full access is granted. You can accept the default, specify the actions that a person is allowed to take. Specific types of access are listed under many of the resource links, so it is easy to determine exactly what a user is allowed to do with each resource.
When complete, click the Save Role button.
Step 2: Create a Web Service User
- From the Admin menu, select Web Services > Users.
- Click the Add New User button.
- Complete the following fields:
- User Name
- First Name
- Last Name
- In the API Key field, enter a verification key or password. This is the credential that third-party web services must use to access your Magneto store.
- To confirm, re-enter the key in the API Key Confirmation field.
- In the panel on the left, select User Role. Then, select a Role for the user.
When complete, click the Save User button.
Click here to view documentation of Setting up Plumb5 for your Magento Store